Rechercher dans ce blog

vendredi 10 octobre 2008

Good vibes

So, people, this one's not about me (makes a change!).
I read a LOT of blogs - probably too many, in fact, but hey, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs... - but one of the very first I started reading is one written by a cool chick in Illinois called Moreena. You can find her at http://moreena.typepad.com/falling_down_is_also_a_gi/
I don't know her at all (apart from what she writes on her blog), and we'll almost certainly never meet, but she has been in my thoughts an awful lot these last few days. She, like me, has two daughters (one who turned 5 yesterday, one who'll be 8 at the end of the month God willing). She and her husband are of different nationalities (she's American, he's German). So there are similarities between us. But the big difference is that her elder daughter, Annika, is, as I write, undergoing repeat surgery less than 24 hours after her THIRD (yes, people, you read that right) liver transplant. Annika is one amazing little girl. She's been through so much, yet she remains funny, crazy, beautiful through it all.
I'm not one for prayers and stuff, but please, send good vibes to Annika tonight. Send good vibes, too, to her maman, Moreena, her papa, Jörg, and her little sister, Frankie, who had to spend her 5th birthday without her family, knowing that her adored big sister was going through life-threatening surgery.
They are all in my heart tonight, they are all in my thoughts.
I just hope that this is the liver that will give Annika the "normal" life she so surely deserves.
Life really sucks big time for some people.

Aucun commentaire: