Rechercher dans ce blog

jeudi 9 avril 2009

4.0

God help me but it's true: in 40 DAYS I will be 40 YEARS old. And boy does that sound OLD to me. I can't quite believe it, actually (except when I look in that sneaky old mirror when it is all so BLATANTLY true).

So, in honour of this great event (?), I've decided to do...(drum roll)...

40 things to do before I'm 40.

How original.

And how unnaturally optimistic - can you really see me doing 40 "new, wonderful, life-changing" things in 40 days? No, I can't really, either.

But I'm going to give it a try. Of course, I'm going to be without internet for a few days next week (how will I survive?), so you might get a few lots-in-one-go posts. But I'm sure you'll cope.

So, on to Day 1.

I won't eat any junk food when I'm on my own in town until I've turned 40 (by which time I hope I'll have got sufficiently out of the habit and won't crave it any more). I know, sounds like a doozy, but really, sometimes (not very often, I admit), I find myself walking past McDo (as they call it here) and THAT smell (chips, fried food...) gets up my nose and I just have to go in. Of course, I always regret it and feel like shit for the rest of the day... Hence my "40 resolution". All part of that "New Me" stuff I tried a while back (and failed at - even my Tai Chi has stopped because my sweet teacher has found a "proper" job and has cancelled all remaining classes).

Wish me luck!

PS Spare a thought for a family that is in pain this evening - I just read on Heather's blog the sad news about Maddie... Crap news like this really puts everything into perspective...

Aucun commentaire: