Rechercher dans ce blog

mercredi 27 juillet 2011

Funday

Today was, quite simply, a fun-day. Seriously. All of it, from start to finish.

I woke up at a ridiculously early time (having gone to bed somewhere not far from dawn) and was TOO EXCITED to go back to sleep. This, from someone capable of sleeping more or less round the clock when excitement levels go sub-zero.

I eventually got up, leaving C still sleeping in my bed (I'd found her there when I went to bed, and her flailing arms and legs were another reason for my sleeplessness. Yet another being a large, furry feline who sandwiched me between him and C, making me feel like I was in a sauna. A fluffy, flailing sauna) and found L already up and glued to the TV as usual.

We got ready and headed out, on foot, to the station. We arrived just in time to see them emerge on to the main concourse - my dearest friend, J, her husband M, and their two children, W and E.

There was squealing with joy! And more excitement! And so. many. things. to say, all at once, right away.

*sigh*

The day was a touristy bliss. Lunch at a pasta place (not very "typical" of Montpellier, but quite typical of our lives in Montpellier), a wander around the old town, a couple of hours of tea and Lego at our place, a stroll around the beautiful Botanical Gardens, a tram ride, an icecream and then the promise of a return visit either tomorrow or Friday.

It was leisurely, unstressed, unstressful, good-humoured and - dare I say it? - FUN! All four of them seemed to like Montpellier, and I tried to show them the nicest bits. The weather was a little uncooperative (it RAINED. AGAIN) but nice enough when we needed it. Oh, how I miss these wonderful people! And oh, how happy I am that my girls get on so well with W and E (they're all perfectly spaced: right now, they are aged 7 (L), 8 (E), 9 (C) and 10 (W)).

I've already said this people, but I'm going to say it again: today was a FUN day! The girls are, of course, exhausted, so I decided it would be best for us to go to them (45 mins by train, then 20 by car each way) on Friday rather than tomorrow. Also, the weather might well be better and I'll have time to do a few things here first.

And I'm already excited about it! It will be another fun day, I'm sure of it. Also, the last day of "work" for me (and THAT is why I like working from home - such fluidity in the concept of "work day" and "holi-day"), so obviously a great way to start the my real holiday!

Fun in the sun, indeed.

Aucun commentaire: