Rechercher dans ce blog

vendredi 27 avril 2012

X is for...

X

I'm not quite sure how "X" came to be an almost universal symbol for a kiss, but it has. When I was a child, I always signed letters and cards with a row of them, usually three. Back in the heady days when I had a proper family, I signed things from the 4 of us (me, the girls, my ex) with four of them and a hand-drawn pawprint from Tom. Now, I'm back to three (+ pawprint).

Today, however, I'm going to be writing an awful lot more. Today there will be an infinity of them, an infinity squared, even. Because today isn't just an ordinary Friday.


Today is the day my baby girl, my Looby-Lou, my little Lobster, turns 8.

She can be difficult. She hates sleeping, likes less and less food and eats little. She can't sit still for more than a nanosecond and she's big on sulking. She is hyper-sensitive to perceived injustice (in the form of things-her-big-sister-does-that-she-doesn't) and even more naturally untidy than I am.

But - she's also affectionate, bright as a button, fun-loving, giggly, mischievous, both girly and a tomboy, friendly, generous and downright adorable a lot of the time.

Happy 8th Birthday, my littlest hobo, I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful year being 8.

I love you more than anything.

2 commentaires:

Jadzia@Toddlerisms a dit…

Awwww. What an adorable costume!

Only 1 of my kids has hit "8" so far, and it was one of my boys. It's a wonderful age -- lower-maintenance than the toddler/little kid years, none of the attitude of the tween phase. You're in for some fun!

Jeremy [Retro] a dit…

little lobster... everyone needs a love like a lobster...

You have done a great job on the A to Z Challenge...
Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
A to Z Co-Host
My New Book:
Retro-Zombie: Art and Words