Rechercher dans ce blog

lundi 7 mai 2012

A to Z Afterthoughts

As I get older (and boy, do I feel like I'm getting older...), the more I realise just how poor I am at self-discipline. Obviously, this makes my decision to be self-employed rather dubious, and most likely explains why my entire life is such a  monumental fuck-up.

I started this blog basically as a means for me to say what's in my heart, in my own language, in a way that suits me, in a place where I'm not judged. My aim has never been to become a star blogger (I don't want to be recognised, or published, or asked to speak at conferences, REALLY, I don't!) and I do nothing much of anything to boost my readership. That's not what this is about.

I'm a shy person, who finds it difficult to actually say things, out loud, to other people. I don't talk about my feelings easily. I don't show emotion easily (except when I do, and then it's generally humiliatingly flagrant). But I can WRITE about them. So that's what I do.

But, as I said, I lack self-discipline. So the blog languishes, at a paltry 3 or 4 posts a month, and even I'm not happy with that. Challenges such as the AtoZ Challenge are ideal for me - they force me to make the effort and actually write something every day, but not for an unrealistically long amount of time (because I'd never stick to it, of course).

I enjoyed the Challenge, and found a few blogs I've started following - Dave, Toddlerisms, Dawn, Liz and maybe one or two more. It's been great to make contact with some of these people, find things we have in common, new pathways for discussions. New horizons, so to speak.

If there's a new challenge at any point - later this year, or next year, or whenever - I'm pretty sure I'll sign up again. Till then, I'll make my usual promise to write here more often, even though we all know I won't be able to keep it.

But I will try to keep in touch with my new blog contacts.

Thank you, AtoZChallenge - you were fun!

3 commentaires:

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball a dit…

So sorry to read of your personal heartache. Writing is certainly good for that. I, too, can write things that are not easy to talk about. I'm just finding you on the A-Z reflections. I will stop back now and then. Keep writing!

EvalinaMaria a dit…

Congratulation on finishing the challenge. I didn't visit all blogs during the challenge but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with reflection post! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

Evalina, This and that...

Jadzia@Toddlerisms a dit…

Oh, thank you for the shout out! A little bit belatedly. I haven't been so good at keeping up lately either.