Rechercher dans ce blog

vendredi 18 avril 2014

AtoZ Challenge: G...

...is for Gravity.

It's a strange word, two different meanings, two different connotations.

The first is the whole Isaac Newton and the apple thing:



But it's a law that leaves me more than a little perplex. If gravity does, indeed, keep us on earth and prevent us from floating up into the sky before crashing and burning against some other planet or star or whatever, then how come I spend so much of my time feeling like I'm floating above my life, looking down on it, watching myself do things?

And then there's the seriousness aspect, someone speaking with gravity in his voice is someone you should probably listen to.

I prefer the first, I like the apple falling story, I like the idea of a force beyond my control keeping me in my place, so to speak.

There have been episodes of gravity in my life (don't worry, I'm not going to go back over all that, it's all in the archives), and most of those episodes are something I would very much like to forget.

I just hope that C, who really is very like me in so many, many ways, isn't an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree because I want her to be happier than I have ever been. I don't want her to make the same mistakes I made, and continue to make.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

G is for Grit and G is for Greatness.