Rechercher dans ce blog

mardi 22 avril 2014

AtoZ Challenge: V...

...is for Velvet.

Velvet is soft and smooth, it exudes luxury and comfort, it is the cloth of kings. I have a purple velvet jacket which I love and wear often, no matter how old-fashioned it might be. It is a fabric I associate with Oscar Wilde, with artists in general, I feel good when I touch it, I love to hold it against me.

Its translation also gives you my favourite word in Spanish - terciopelo - which literally means "third skin", a remarkably accurate description in my opinion.

I always imagine the night sky as being velvety, with the stars as diamonds sparkling against its lushness.

And then, of course, there's the Velvet Underground, featuring the late, great Lou Reed:



This is a group that produced two of my favourite songs - Pale blue eyes and Perfect day which, if you don't know them, you should go listen to at once.

Velvet has a lot going for it...

Aucun commentaire: