Rechercher dans ce blog

samedi 27 décembre 2008

7

Today my baby girl, C, turned 7 years old. It's such a cliché to say that time goes quickly and that kids grow up too fast, and as far as I'm concerned it's not exactly true. I DON'T feel like she was only born yesterday; it's more the opposite: I can barely imagine a time when she wasn't here... And the baby period seemed to last forever - I much prefer the ages my daughters are now...

Yet 7 is still pretty small, even if she does suddenly seem so very big and mature all of a sudden. There's so much she can do by herself (though not ride a bike of course - that trauma is yet to come), so much she can understand... She's still a little girl, but also a big girl...

And I love her more than life itself.

I hope she had a fun day - it wasn't much of a party (only 2 guests as so many friends are away for the holidays), but she seemed to enjoy it, and we had her favourite lunch (roast chicken and pasta), and she got lovely presents, and she looked beautiful...

7 years old - I remember the day I turned 7, too. Way back when (1976, if you're interested). I received a three-book set of Flower Fairy poems from my parents, and I was thrilled. And I showed C that very same set this morning - she was stunned that it belonged to me way back when. Maybe one day she'll show it to her own daughter on her 7th birthday...

I hope she'll remember these good times, the fun, the love.

And I hope she enjoys being 7.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Aucun commentaire: