Rechercher dans ce blog

dimanche 12 avril 2009

Happy Easter!

Although my father's arriving from Scotland this afternoon (and I'm looking forward to seeing him), I'm thoroughly stressed out about the next two-and-a-bit days.

I have SO MUCH to do! I'm not going to list it all, but just let you know that on my "list of things to do" there are currently 17 things, many of which are not just quick, dash them off type of things. And it's already 3.30 am.

D was supposed to do one of the things this evening - make the ratatouille. It's not hard to do, just a little time-consuming. He said he didn't want to stay up late (fair enough), but by the time he did go to bed he could quite easily have made the ratatouille. The truth was he just couldn't be bothered and preferred to vegetate in front of the TV while I worked (of course). So, and because he of course wants to go to church tomorrow (he hardly ever goes, so of course he decides he wants to go the very weekend I have a mountain of stuff to do), I guess I'll have to try and make it, in between all the rest of the stuff I have to do.

And it's been absolutely pouring with rain for over 24 hours now - I feel like I should be adding "build an Ark" to my list...

For the Challenge, I didn't eat crap today (couldn't really - I didn't go out) and I didn't buy any clothes off the internet, but I didn't really get anywhere with my paperwork (though it was - and still is - on my list, of course). So that'll have to be tomorrow, now.

For Day 4, I've decided to try and take better care of myself - never "forgetting" (for which read "being too lazy") to do my skin care stuff at the end of the day, trying to wash my hair more often, dress a little better, do my legs a little more often, do my nails, you get the picture.

I'm almost 40 and I really do feel big, lumpy, blimpy, old and ugly. And I have to do something about that. My beautiful girls tell me I'm beautiful too, but that's only because a) I'm their maman and b) they're still very young. But now I want them to at least not be ashamed of me as they grow older (some of the mothers at their school are terrifyingly French-chic... I know I'll never look like that, but if I could at least try and look smart and well-turned out, that would be enough).

This Challenge is really tough - but I'm hoping to emerge like a butterfly (OK, an OLD butterfly) at the end of it!

Happy Easter - and enjoy all that chocolate!

Aucun commentaire: