Rechercher dans ce blog

samedi 28 mai 2011

The urge

It's true, I am, indeed, starting to feel "the urge". Not for what you might think (though a little of THAT would be quite nice too, I must say...), no, not at all...

Tomorrow is a birthday party extravaganza with C being invited to one party and L to another. I have to deliver each girl to each party (luckily they have a 30 minute start time difference) and then... and then... I'm free till C's 6 pm pick-up time. Did you hear that? Yes, I'm FREE...

This, of course, can only mean ONE THING.

And, if I add in that the little girl hosting the party C's going to is Swedish, you might be able to figure out what my "urge" is...

Yup.

People, I feel that a trip to IKEA is looming large. I have my sights set on a standard lamp (base + shade) and matching table lamp to replace the hideous halogen thing D bought (that I've always loathed and that now seems to no longer be working), plus a parasol and base for the balcony and maybe a few other extraneous bits and pieces. I'm excited as hell, and utterly horrified at how pathetic my life has become.

Who'm I kidding? Even before "last year", I got horribly excited about trips to IKEA - there's nothing new there.

So, by about 3.30 I should be on my way. I don't have long, but I can be quick. Seriously, I can. I'm pretty good when it comes to making snap decisions about spending money I don't really have...

The flat is a tip, a total and utter tip, but I have PLANS, people. PLANS. I'm going to pack up all D's stuff (because of course there's still a shitload of his stuff here) and either get him to take it away, or at least get it down into the cellar. This is a huge task in itself because the cellar has been so badly filled (by D) that it's almost impossible to get anything more in, even though there's actually a ton of space.

But let's imagine that I manage. Then I can fill up the newly-vacated drawer and shelf space, thus liberating the floor from the mountains of crap currently to be found there. I have to put doors on the kitchen cabinets, buy a worktop, put up curtains... I'm excited at the prospect of getting this place smart and nice to live in. Then I can invite people round without dying of shame and embarrassment...

And it all starts tomorrow, with my beloved IKEA...

Aucun commentaire: