Rechercher dans ce blog

dimanche 26 juin 2011

Last week

This is the last week of school in the girls' year. By lunch time on Friday, CM1 (4th grade) and CP (1st grade) will be over, and the long summer holiday will be before us.

9 whole weeks, if you can believe it.

Fuck me.

I have the sneaking suspicion that the TV and DVD player will be my best friends this summer - I'll be working for all but 2 of those weeks, even if I won't necessarily have huge amounts of work all the time. And D is so damn fucking unreliable that I know I can't count on him to help me out in any way (I don't think he even knows what "punctuality" means - he frequently turns up over an hour late, sometimes even more and never really apologises. It drives me batshit).

I would love to give the girls a really good summer, and I think I've done my best for this year: two different friends are coming, both for two weeks (though we won't see them every day), one late July/early August, the other the last 2 weeks of August; the girls have a circus and trampoline course every afternoon one week in August, we're going to Genoa for a week... I'm doing OK, I think.

But still. I know there will be lots of time spent at home, with no particular programme, while I try and get work done. And that means TV, or bickering. And a serious dent in my sanity.

I feel kind of guilty in advance, but I don't have any money for more stuff (the circus/trampoline thing, plus Genoa, are both unreasonable to be honest; I certainly can't afford more). I want to be able to go out for meals, eat icecreams, go to the cinema, but I'm just not sure how much of that will be possible.

I'm doing my best. I always try and do my best, but fuck me, it's hard.

This is the last week of school, in a year that I feel has flown by. Here's to hoping for a good summer.

Aucun commentaire: