Rechercher dans ce blog

samedi 4 juin 2011

My favourite place

I haven't exactly travelled extensively in my life. I've visited a fair number of European countries (some several times and different parts) and I've been to the US once - a fabulous week in NYC in April 2001.

I moved around (within Britain) a lot as a child, moving roughly every 12 to 18 months in the first 10 years of my life, and have never had a problem with the idea of moving (though the fuck-what-a-hassle factor is quite high now).

I've had wonderful times in Salamanca, Rome, Florence, Sienna, Lake Como, Amsterdam, NYC, London, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Lisbon, Zürich and more.

But you know what? Do you know where my favourite place is? The place that makes me smile, without fail, every time I go there? The one place where I know, for a fact, that my life is EXACTLY how I want it to be? Do you?

No?

Asleep, in my bed (much as I love "my" bed, though, it doesn't actually have to be my actual bed, it can just as easily be the-bed-allocated-to-me on a given occasion). THAT, without a doubt, is my favourite place in the whole world.

Am I pathetic or what?!

Aucun commentaire: