Rechercher dans ce blog

lundi 21 mars 2011

Pretty

Oh, how I do so love pretty things, and never, never as much as when I can't possibly afford to even contemplate the possibility of perhaps acquiring them. So you can imagine the torture it was this morning to see a nice, new, shiny Cath Kidston catalogue in my letter box. Such pretty things, and so many of them...

This, for example, or this, or this, or this or... well. You get the picture. And that's just one catalogue. There's also Hotel Chocolat, or Boden, or even IKEA (you might remember my secret love affair with IKEA...).

*sigh*

It's so hard being broke. And right now, I really am outstandingly broke. Heinously overdrawn on both my private and professional accounts, huge bills to be paid out, stuff that needs to be bought or done, and clients who just aren't paying me. Life without money (or, perhaps more specifically, life with huge money problems) really, really sucks.

I would love to be able to just go and buy the pretty things; buying pretty things makes me feel so much happier. And I particularly love buying pretty things on line because then not only do you have the pleasure of picking and choosing and buying something pretty, but you also have the delight of receiving a beautiful parcel through the post, even when it's not your birthday or Christmas or anything.

Maybe, one day, I'll be able to enjoy this simple pleasure once again...

Aucun commentaire: