Rechercher dans ce blog

mardi 7 juin 2011

Procrastination

I really do believe I could be an Olympic champion if there were a procrastination race (contest?). I have a million small, simple things to do, yet I don't do them. To be honest, most of the time I have no idea where the time goes...

An example. Both my credit cards (one private account, one professional account) needed to be renewed recently. One became invalid on 01 May, the other on 01 June. For the private account (invalid as of 01 May), I received my new card by post at home some time towards the end of April. It can only be used if it is first "activated" by withdrawing money from a cash machine. For the professional account (invalid as of 01 June), I seriously have no recollection. I THINK I received it by mail too, but can't be sure, and sure as hell can't find it. Perhaps I just got a note saying that my new card is now available from my branch and that I need to go and pick it up. Who knows?

As I'm sure you've guessed, I still haven't even activated my private account card (even though I've had almost 6 weeks to do it). And that, in turn, means I can't use my credit cards at all.

Now, I'm going to be forced to take action because we have nothing to eat and I had to order my shopping last night. It's coming tomorrow (today) between 11 and 12 am, and the only means of payment is, of course, credit card. I know it's stupid, but I just can't seem to help myself.

Another example. I'm broke (nothing new there) yet can't get my arse in gear and actually get my invoices done, or phone the idiots at the university who still haven't even paid my classes from the first semester (September to December). And we all know how much I need the money...

I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know how I manage to be so ridiculously behind, so stupidly late in bed, so damn fucking exhausted all the time - without actually seeming to get much of anything at all done.

The list of shit to do on my list is insane. The end of the school year is always crazy, and this one is crashing towards me like an out of control Formula 1 car. There are parties and birthdays and stuff to do for the school fête, there are holidays to organise, work, invoices, accounts, debts to pay off...

I'm totally at the end of my rope, can't be arsed to do anything at all (I've even got a translation to do into French and haven't done anything about finding someone to do it - and it's due in on Wednesday morning), just want to sink into bed and slip quietly into my fantasy life where all is how I want it, where I'm beautiful and slim and sexy and loved.

I try and motivate myself, every day I say, "OK, today you'll do this and this and this". I'm even pretty realistic, making sure I don't set myself unassailable targets. Yet that damn list just gets longer every day...

2011 World Procrastination Champion: Magic27!

Aucun commentaire: